Thursday, September 3, 2009

GO Conference in Ensenada

This week we are in Ensenada, actually not just us - all of the staff of YWAM San Diego/Baja! This week we are having a GO TEAM conference, learning about support team development - the Biblical basis for support raising, having good communication with people back home, making a budget, writing newsletters, updating blogs, and more.

During the week, they had me scheduled to translate for one of the sessions... I was so nervous because there were more than 100 people at this conference! But afterwards everyone told me I did a good job, and they even got a good laugh when I unconciously threw some Mexican slang into my translation. :)
Click here to see the recording of me translating at the conference.
(It's pretty long, you don't have to watch the whole thing!)

I am leaving this conference feeling confident, as a translator and also as a support-raising missionary! For those who have given financially to my ministry, THANK YOU!!! Because you have sent me, I am able to go and then people can know about the love that God has for them. I am so grateful for your support!!

If you would like to make a quick, secure online donation to my ministry in Tijuana, CLICK HERE!!

"He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all—how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things?" ~Romans 8:32

1 comment:

Karen said...

Hey I finally get to see you in action!! Susie, we're so proud of you!!
Love & Prayers,
Karen & Wesley