Sunday, March 7, 2010

DTS Reunion!!!

Danae, Meredith, me and Lizzie, back together again in Ensenada

Just as I hit the one year anniversary of graduating from DTS (Discipleship Training School), one of my dear friends from DTS, Meredith, came down to Mexico for a week to visit. One year ago we were celebrating all the struggles and triumphs we went through during our 5 months of DTS - now we were recounting all that God had taken us through during the last year. It was such a joy to join together with 2 of our other DTS friends that are now staff in Ensenada and share with each other a bit of our journey the last year that we've all been apart.

As for me, I feel so blessed to have been able to follow my dream of living and serving in missions full time in Mexico for the past year. There have been hard times of missing my family and friends back home, and confusing times of wondering "what to do next?" but overall God has been faithful - He has provided for me to live here, He has given me a community of people surrounding me that love and support me, and He has placed me in a growing ministry where I can joyfully serve and also be challenged on a daily basis.

It was fun to hear about Meredith's college life, where she is attending Trinity Western in Canada. I thought back to my college years at IWU, and how I had the opportunity to travel the world and whenever the chance came to visit somewhere new, I signed up quick and never looked back. I can tell now that God is doing something new in my life. I love it here where I'm working and my heart is planted with those living in the colonia where I serve and do kids ministry (Circulo Andante). Right now, I don't want to go anywhere but there, and share more and more about Jesus with them each day. I have grown to love them - mothers, fathers, and children alike. I am committed to seeing their community transformed by the love of God, and each day I will do my small part to see God's kingdom come there.

Here's to another year of serving God in Mexico!!

No comments: