Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Ringing in the New Year in TJ

On December 28th, Dad and I loaded up my little Toyota Camry with everything we could squeeze into the trunk and the back seat and headed out for our looooooong drive down to Tijuana...
We basically followed Route 66, and 3 days, 2 snow storms, and 7 states later, we made it to Tijuana, MEXICO!! Dad spent 3 days visiting all of my favorite places around Tijuana -the YWAM base where I live, the colonia where we build houses, the orphanage I visit, the taco stand I love, and more. We even made a trip to Costco in downtown TJ. Also, one night we went to eat at this really nice restaurant and then I took him to the VIP movie theater, complete with recliners and waiters to serve you sushi, crepes, coffee and of course, popcorn and sodas as well.

at the VIP movie theater in TJ

Also it was awesome to be here to celebrate New Year's Eve in Tijuana. For the past two years now, I've celebrated the new year in a different country - Peru last year, Mexico this year. It was wonderful to have Dad here to celebrate with all my new friends from the base. We enjoyed enchiladas for dinner, games and then a few fireworks at midnight. We had a great time ringing in the new year with YWAMers from 6 different nations.

Happy 2010!!!

Can't wait to see what God has in store for this new year! Blessings from Tijuana!

No comments: