Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Christmas in Chicago


Over Christmas, I had the amazing opportunity to go back to Chicago and visit my family, friends and church. My favorite moments of being home were, of course, with my niece Faith who is now 3 months old. I can make her smile now, and she has more of a personality. No matter how much we try, she is taking to sucking her thumb instead of the pacifier. She was such a joy to be around and I was so happy to be able to celebrate her first Christmas with her in Chicago.


I also got to dust off the ol' flute and and play at my church. It was great! I forgot how much I missed it. Here's a clip of one of the songs I played in the Sunday service.



It was such a great day, my parents came to see me play, and also my sister brought Faith - it was a whole family affair! And it was the first time since high school my whole family went to church together :)

Also Christmas was a great time to visit my friends back home. I got to visit my best friend Lily's apartment in Chicago and we went to see the "Christmas trees from around the world" display at the Museum of Science and Industry.

Another very memorable moment was one night when me and 5 of my best friends from IWU got together to hang out. It was the first time all 6 of us had been together since graduation 2 1/2 years ago! Definitely good times... we're kind of a crazy bunch!
Maura, Jordan, Monica, Rob, me and Beth - reunited!

So, it was a great Christmas, I was very blessed to be able to spend 2 weeks at home. Not sure when I'll be back in the Chicago area again, but I had a great time while I was there!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"For to us a child is born, to us a child is given. and the government will be on his shoulders.
And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace."
~Isaiah 9:6~

No comments: