Friday, July 3, 2009

Surprising....

So I realized today that I have spent more time in Mexico than anywhere else in the world (other than my home in Illinois). whoa. I've been working here with YWAM Tijuana for 2 weeks now, and I have had a few things that have surprised me...

  • how the only things within walking distance from my house are an OXXO (Mexico's version of 7-11), a bakery, and a bar
  • how the brand new town house that all the girls live in can have leaks, mold and ant infestations already....
  • how with enough help from actual Mexicans, I can convince the man at the gas station that I too am Mexican. :)
  • how it's July and it barely gets above 70 degrees Fahrenheit here
The transition has been awkwardly difficult... I find myself wanting to eat food that I'm used to, go shopping at Walmart, drive my own car, and be able to drive to the next town without having to explain myself to men with machine guns. And I mean, not have to share a room/bathroom/kitchen/Everything with 6 other girls wouldn't be so bad either. But oh well, adjusting is just that - taking time to adjust to new surroundings. New friends, new opportunities, new responsibilities, new everything! I'm excited to be settling into my new life here, I know it will just take some time...


"Do not call to mind the former things, or ponder things of the past. Behold, I will do something new. Now it will spring forth; will you not be aware of it?" ~Isaiah 43:18-19

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Susie,

My sweet friend! I love you so dearly and am blessed to just know you. Amazing to see you walking out God's call for your life. Watch out world, here She comes.

Also, thanks for sharing your blogspot with me. I willl follow along to get all the updates firsthand.

Besitos,
Sarah Dawn