Monday, June 22, 2009

Made it to Mexico

Hello!! Hola!!

So I'm writing to you from Mexico!!! Yeay!! I Finally made it....Friday was probably the worst travel day of my life - delays, cancellations, rebooking, more delays, running through the airport, losing my purse, losing my luggage....it was almost too much to handle. ALMOST. But getting to the border and seeing the "Welcome to Mexico" sign made it all worth it. :)

I was happy to see all of my friends from YWAM here in Mexico again - Lizzie and Danae from my DTS now work at the base in Ensenada. Also I was glad to see and catch up with the other full time staff in Ensenada. Just to clarify, I'm living and working at the base in Tijuana. I dnt know the people there as well, but we're all friends and the girls i'm living with all seem to get along really well. Also, there are 2 girls from IWU that are also here at the YWAM bases, so I was excited to see them. Sam Pierz is doing her DTS in Tecate, and we got to hang out this weekend and catch up on life, and I loved seeing her as well.

I sort of unpacked some of my suitcases (once they were found again). I am living in a town house alittle off of the base, becasue the staff housing on the base is not built yet. we have 5 girls living i nthe house, 2 more to come. there will be 4 of us in my room, one bathroom and one walk in closet - wheeeew. it should be ok though because I went to the Container store before I left (which no one knows what that is here, americans included, hahaha) so I have all my stuff pretty well organized. I unpacked, only to have to repack again to go to another town this week. Some of the staff from Tijuana are going to a small town about 3 hours away to do some ministry and talk to the youth there about YWAM and the Discipleship Training School (DTS) we are doing i nthe fall. We wil be there until Wednesday. I'm alittle sad that I didnt get to settle in more before having to leave again, but happy to already be out doing ministry. No need to rest, as we always said in college, "You can sleep when you're dead!!" hahaha

I'll try to post some pictures of where i'm living later this week. we dont have internet at my house so its not as convenient as I would like, but I will definitely keep updating.

as a reminder, you can send me mail whenever!! no cell phone though, so we have to do it the old fashioned way. :) here is my address:

Susie Walter
YWAM San Diego/Baja - Tijuana Base
100 W. 35th St, Suite C
National City, CA 91950


I'd love to hear from you!!!

"Look at the nations and watch— and be utterly amazed. For I am going to do something in your days that you would not believe, even if you were told."
~Habakkuk 1:5

1 comment:

denisebap said...

Was fun to read the re-cap just to remind me of all you did between graduation and returning to Mexico. Now I'm looking forward to getting updated on what you've been doing in your new position with YWAM!