Wednesday, August 25, 2010

July Trip to the States

By far the highlight of July was getting the opportunity to go back to Chicago! I got to spend time with family and friends, including my sister and her husband and my beautiful niece, who came in from North Carolina...
Faith with her mommy and her godmother :) after her dedication at my church

Also I went to St. Louis with my parents to visit my sister's family again, where Lance was working. We got to take Faith to the zoo and it was so much fun!

Then back in Chicago...
at the park with my cousins

hanging with my best girl friends back in Chicago

Also, my time in Chicago wasn't all just fun and games. At the end of May I asked for donations from several schools to be able to bring back supplies for my kids in Mexico. The response was INCREDIBLE!! My sister brought back several boxes of supplies and books from schools in North Carolina, and also we got many donations from the school where my mom used to teach. What a huge blessing!! So I spent a lot of time with my mom in her garage organizing and separating and packing boxes to send down to Mexico. I think we sent over 40 boxes of donations for the Circle! Wow!
organizing school supplies to send down to the kids in Mexico

What a great time of sharing with my family and friends, I only get to come back to Chicago about twice a year, so I fully enjoyed it. See you all again at Christmas!

No comments: