Sunday, December 6, 2009

Visa News

So I've been living in Mexico for almost 6 months now. When I arrived I got a tourist visa, but clearly I am not a tourist. So I started to apply for my FM-3 visa, which gives me visitor's permit and allows me legal residence in Mexico. It was quite a process, I needed photos and copies of every page of my passport, and a bank statement, and a letter from YWAM... then I had to go to the bank and pay all these fees... then on Friday me, Blanca (the woman in charge of visas at the base) and a few others went to the border and we had to go to this little stand and have someone type up our application (and of course pay more money) and then finally we got into immigration. We waited and hoped and prayed while Blanca talked to the official... and then she came over to us and said, "Ok let's go." We looked at each other puzzled, and asked,"That's it?" For now, that was it. We were all approved for FM-3 visas and now have to wait 6 weeks while they are printed out and we will go back to have our fingerprints taken and receive our visas.

So, that's it! I'm legal, I live in Mexico, and I love it! And as an added bonus, in 10 years, I can become a Mexican citizen!! :)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ruth 2: 11-12 "...you left your father and mother and your homeland and came to live with a people you did not know before. May the LORD repay you for what you have done. May you be richly rewarded by the LORD, the God of Israel, under whose wings you have come to take refuge."

Hebrews 11: 13- 16 "All these people (Abel, Noah, Abraham & Sarah) were still living by faith when they died. They did not receive the things promised; they only saw them and welcomed them from a distance. And they admitted that they were aliens and strangers on earth. People who say such things show that they are looking for a country of their own. If they had been thinking of the country they had left, they would have had opportunity to return. Instead, they were longing for a better country—a heavenly one. Therefore God is not ashamed to be called their God, for he has prepared a city for them."

No comments: