Friday, November 13, 2009

Aunt Susie and Baby Faith's Weekend Together

After waiting so long, I finally had the chance to visit my sister and my new niece in North Carolina! Faith turned 6 weeks old this week, and I was there to celebrate with her :) We had a wonderful weekend of auntie/baby bonding: feeding, burping, changing, wiping, bathing, cuddling, rocking, smiling, laughing, and sleeping (hardly at all). My 3 1/2 days with her was like a dream - I can't believe I have a niece!

I left my house in Mexico at 8:00 a.m. and finally arrived to the east coast at 9:00 p.m., and every minute I had to travel was totally worth it. I came down the escalator at the airport, and Sara and baby were there waiting for me, and of course we both burst into tears. How ironic - the baby was the only one not crying! As we drove home, I had fun looking at her reflection in her little car seat mirror. When we got to their house, Bentley of course was thrilled to have visitors, but grew increasingly jealous throughout the weekend when he figured out he wasn't getting all the attention he was used to. Many times I would go to take a picture of Faith and he would sit down right in front of the bouncer or swing I had placed her in - he wanted his picture taken too!
tiny baby and huge dog!

Every night we were up until around 2:30am, which left me increasingly more tired each morning when I woke up. But it made it easier to get out of bed knowing that I had that little angel waiting for me to take care of her. I guess that is how Sara continues seemingly unphased by the lack of sleep, must be some kind of special mommy hormones that keep her going nonstop to take care of her daughter. I could have used a dose of those!

I especially liked being able to give her a bottle and then have her fall asleep in my arms. Mostly I just like to have her close to me, because usually she is just so darn far away.

Baby Faith is also a very good shopper. We met Sara's friend Ginger at the mall and she didn't cry one time. We spent most of our time at the mall in baby stores like Carter's, I guess that will be where we focus our time from now on. :) We tried to look for a Christmas picture outfit for baby and mommy, but didn't have any luck. But I did find another special outfit for my niece: "my auntie loves me" :)Another day we went to Target to buy a picture frame for her pictures we just ordered from the hospital, and I carried her around Target for 1 1/2 hours and she didn't make a peep, just slept the whole time. Such a good little shopper!

I also got to give her a bath, read to her, take her for a walk with mommy and Bentley and dress her up to go to church. We had such a great time! I'm so happy to be an aunt, and so proud of my sister, she is such a great mommy!!


I've uploaded lots of videos of my time with my niece! Click here to watch some of my favorite moments with baby Faith this weekend.

You can also see all of my pictures of our auntie/baby bonding moments this weekend when you Click Here.

Now I just can't wait until Christmas!!!

No comments: